The vegetable soups are very versatile preparations in which you can use any ingredient you want. In addition to delivering minerals and vitamins, they also help to keep your body hydrated.
The vegetable soup and broth are typically liquid foods, light in color and consistency not too dense. They are prepared by boiling in water one or several vegetables, animal protein such as meat, chicken or seafood, condiments and spices.
If you are not used to consume enough vegetables, it would be good that you tried with soups or soups. There are many recipes that will give you the opportunity to try new flavors until you find the ones that you like.
Why include soups in the daily diet?
The vegetable soups are an essential dish in a healthy and balanced diet. Because water is the main ingredient, this food help to keep your body properly hydrated.
Among the benefits of vegetable soups consumption include …
- It is an easy way to consume the recommended daily five servings of vegetables.
- You can combine different ingredients and create a new recipe every day.
- Depending on the vegetables you use, the soup can make a significant amount of vitamins.
- Obviously, the amount of nutrients depends on the amount of vegetables with which you prepare the soup.
- The most common vitamins in vegetables are vitamin E; vitamin B6 and vitamin A.
- The cooking mode makes it easy to digest vegetables, and soups are also ideal for small children or for adults who have digestive problems or difficulty chewing.
- If you consume vegetable soup before other foods, you will feel more satiated, so you will eat less, restricting calories.
- The consumption of soups promotes weight loss diets and lets you control the number of calories ingested.
1. Soup of onions
The first soup that you must try is to use two types of onion, white onion and shallots, but also of other ingredients. This dish is perfect for treating the symptoms associated with the influence that affects commonly during the winter or in the event of weakness.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (32 g)
- Vegetables (¼ medium white onion, 1 zucchini, 1 squash, 1 carrot, 1 cup of spinach)
- Herbs and aromatic plants (2 shallots, 2 stalks of celery, 2 cilantro sprigs, 2 sprigs of parsley, 1 teaspoon of mint leaves)
- 2 liters of water
- Salt, pepper and oregano (to taste)
You may also like to read: Raw food: An option to add to your diet
- Cut all ingredients into small pieces. Chop the herbs and spinach in the size you prefer.
- In a saucepan put two tablespoons of oil and fry the onion for a few minutes.
- Add the carrot, celery and shallots. Then, add the fried pumpkin and zucchini.
- Add two liters of water and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Make sure the pumpkin, zucchini and carrots are cooked, and then add the coriander, parsley, mint and spinach.
- Taste the soup for sure it is salted to perfection, otherwise add salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- If you wish, you can add the Parmesan cheese that gives the soup an especially intense flavor.
2. Pepper soup
You are lovers of peppers? Know that these colorful vegetables are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. In addition, they have a very particular taste that goes well with the salad or other ingredients.
If you do not like peppers, but sometimes still take advantage of their benefits; try the second recipe of vegetable soup that we propose.
- Olive oil
- 1 carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 peppers (green, red and yellow)
- 1 leek
- 1 zucchini
- ½ cup of peas (70 g)
- Salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- Wash all ingredients and cut them into small cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan large enough and then garlic and onion.
- Add all the vegetables cut into small pieces and peas.
- Add some of salt and stir so that all the ingredients are cooked and do not stick to the pot.
- Once ready the vegetables, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Cover with water and then put back the pot on the stove and cook over high heat until the water reaches boiling.
- At this point, turn the heat down, more or less over medium heat.
- Cook the vegetables so that the broth is cooked well.
- The baking may take from 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the vegetables and the temperature at which the cook.
- Once ready, check that it is salted to perfection, otherwise add salt or pepper.
Now that you know the benefits of vegetable soup, for sure you will want to include them in your diet. Try these two wonderful options and invent new recipes with vegetables that you like!