What is the stenosing atherosclerosis of brachiocephalic arteries? Symptoms and causes of BCA, as well as methods of treatment and diagnosis of the disease. Methods of folk treatment and recommendations for proper nutrition.
Blood supply to the brain is the basis of a person’s vital activity. These functions perform internal carotid and vertebral arteries (paired). Around the skull they form the Willis circle, from which, in turn, blood enters the brain tissue. Atherosclerosis of brachiocephalic vessels is the deposition on the walls of the brachiocephalic trunk of fatty plaques that block and obstruct the free passage of blood.
Nature of the disease
One of the main vessels of man is a bramfocephalic trunk, which consists of one vertebral, one subclavian and one carotid artery. They are the ones that help the brain function in a healthy state.
Stenosing atherosclerosis of the BCA – what is it? Doctors put this diagnosis, if the lumen is more than 50% corked, while certainly recommend surgical intervention.
There is also non-stenosing atherosclerosis of brachiocephalic arteries (the lumen is clogged by less than 50%), and if the plaque is not so large, this pathology of the body is easily treated with medication.
This ailment has many different forms, but each person has a process of malaise with individual characteristics. Common is also diffuse atherosclerosis, which develops as a consequence of non-severe forms of the disease. Clogging with fat spots grows, progresses and occurs in several places at once.
Formation of the first symptomatology
If a diagnosis is already made, it is very important to determine in which place the disease is localized. From this depends symptomatology and further clinical manifestations.
The primary symptoms of the development of the disease of stenosing brachiocephalic arteries or, so-called, stenosis of the artery trunk:
- Sharp dizziness during turn of the neck or head;
- Oxygen starvation;
- Dizziness during falling blood pressure;
- Sudden trembling and cold limbs;
- Sudden deterioration of vision or hearing in one of the paired organs;
- Violation of the processes of memorization, memory, perception;
- Loss of consciousness;
- Cardiovascular diseases: stenocardia, ischemic disease and others.
The neglected forms of non-stenotic atherosclerosis of the extracranial brachiocephalic arteries can further develop other symptoms at different stages.
Stages of the process:
- The first – pathological and asymmetric reflexes, weak reactions of pupils.
- The second stage – a violation of mental processes, falls working capacity, microinsult or other heart diseases.
- The third is an unavoidable violation of cognitive processes.
What provokes atherosclerosis of the extracranial divisions of brachiocephalic arteries with stenosis? The true causes are unknown, but there are certain conditions under which the ailment is activated and expanded:
- Overweight and as a result – obesity or diabetes mellitus;
- Tobacco as a destructive factor in the human body contributes to the accumulation of cholesterol plaques;
- Age factors: from 40-45 years and older;
- The delay in removing cholesterol from the blood, which causes the disease to develop;
- Lack of regular physical activity, prolonged sedentary lifestyle;
- Disturbed processes of metabolism and other food processes;
- Birth control pills;
- Immune diseases, weak protective functions of the body.
Having found some of the conditions from this list, it is worth taking measures to prevent the disease.
Continue Reading: Meteorism and aerophagia: Causes and remedies
Treatment of lesions of the BCA
Nonstaing atherosclerosis of the extracranial brachiocephalic arteries is still an unplanned form of the disease. It can be cured by adhering to doctoral recommendations, using therapy with medical drugs. With a mild form, the doctor advises you to practice exercise (exercise) and adhere to a strict diet (replace all animal fats with vegetable, eat less flour and sweet).
The doctor, suspecting the atherosclerosis of the extracranial departments, should assign a number of important studies of the body. With the help of Doppler scanning of the neck and head, an experienced specialist can put a correct diagnosis. It is also necessary to pass the test for the amount of cholesterol in the blood.
For detailed study and establishment of the pathology form, it is necessary to undergo a survey to measure the rate of blood circulation before and after the lesion and the cluster of sclerotic plaques.
Non-nosening atherosclerosis BCA helps cure: medical and surgical interventions. During the first appoint:
- Vitamins, especially vitamin C, iodine-containing substances;
- Means that extend the arteries, relieve spasms to improve the flow of blood and its clotting;
- Statins, the number of which the doctor appoints, after a detailed study of the results of the analysis;
- Antidepressants and sedatives;
- If blood clotting and the amount of prothrombin protein increase in the body, it is attributed to “Aspirin cardio” or “Clopidogrel”, but strictly according to the prescription of the treating doctor.
Progressive influence on this ailment is due to some physiotherapeutic procedures: radon baths, hydrotherapy and the use of oxygen or carbon dioxide compresses, baths. Rest in health institutions under the supervision of specialists will improve the general condition of the body, will favorably affect immunity.
With more neglected forms, which has stenosing arteriosclerosis of brachiocephalic arteries, only surgical intervention helps. Thanks to modern technology, the treatment of a portion of the vessel covered with fatty gland occurs with further replacement (or cross-linking). There are options for installing a stent and atherosclerotic brachiocephalic extracranial artery. It performs protective functions from the load on the artery wall, prevents tissue damage.
Another way to treat stenosing brachiocephalic extracranial areas is an open surgery. There is a removal from the affected area of the vessel fat accumulations.
Thanks to medicamental and surgical treatment, patients can forget for a long time what is stenosis. But to maintain the right level of cholesterol and take care of your body need to constantly.
Prevention of disease
Having studied the stenosing atherosclerosis of the BCA – what it is, and how it develops, prevention measures become clear. The prevention of this ailment should be engaged all life, namely:
- Healthy diet, more fiber, which contains fruits and vegetables, more vegetable fats than animals;
- Use healthy seafood;
- Exercise: the older the organism, the more important its presence;
- Yo abandon bad habits: alcohol, nicotine, tobacco;
- Regular walking or cycling in the fresh air;
- Reduce workloads;
- To settle a dream;
- To vitaminize your daily diet.
The main thing in the prevention of such an ailment as non-stenosing atherosclerosis of the BCA is to avoid the accumulation of cholesterol in the body. For this, people with a large mass or a predilection for diabetes should often take an analysis for the amount of cholesterol. This is the only way to identify the disease at an early stage and prevent it from progressing.
Traditional medicine for the treatment of disease
Therapy can also have a combined character, that is, combine medicament preparations with folk methods. But their application, dose and duration of admission must necessarily be approved by the doctor. There are excellent home remedies for the treatment of this ailment:
- An excellent tool that helps to destroy cholesterol in the body is the use of hirudotherapy (treatment with leeches). With the help of hirudin, the blood coagulation in the body slows down, which, in turn, prevents the formation of thrombi. This substance also has an anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- It helps from non-stenosing atherosclerosis of the BCA and nettle tincture. Various herbal compresses and the application of leaves reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood and purify the body.
- In folk medicine it is advised to take tincture from clover. The healing properties of this plant can not be overemphasized: it dilutes the blood, which prevents trombones, relieves edema and heals wounds. Take this remedy for up to 10 days.
It is possible not only to stop the negative processes with the help of folk remedies, but also to cure the non-stenosing atherosclerosis of the brachiocephalic arteries at the initial stage. The main thing is not to overdo it and before consulting you should consult your doctor. Make sure there are no allergic manifestations to herbal tinctures.
Nutrition and Diet
Treatment of brachiocephalic arteries should be carried out in a complex manner. Diet, sports loads, full sleep – all these are the main factors to get rid of the ailment. It’s no secret that a person is what he eats. It is with this disease is very important diet and proper nutrition. Recommendations are as follows:
- To abandon canning smoked products;
- Tea, coffee, cocoa without sugar;
- Limit easily assimilated carbohydrates;
- To limit to a minimum the amount of salt in the daily ration, replace with spices;
- Increase the amount of fiber – vegetables, herbs, fruits, dried fruits;
- Increase the receipt of a daily dose of protein – lean fish and meat, a good alternative – seafood;
- Do not recommend egg yolks, sour cream, cream, fatty cottage cheese;
- Recommended cereals, cereals, cereals;
- Be sure to drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day;
- Vegetable soups (without meat broth);
- Sea kale contains a large amount of iodine;
- The way of cooking is cooked, but it is possible on sunflower oil or grill.
So, atherosclerosis of brachiocephalic vessels is not a life sentence. Observing the diet and recommendations of your doctor, you can successfully defeat the disease. The difficulty lies in the fact that the disease at the initial stages has no clinical manifestations and obvious symptoms. But if you regularly examine blood cholesterol tests, you can see a tendency.
You can cure brachiocephalic atherosclerosis with the help of medications, surgical intervention, folk methods or complex.