Thanks to its cleansing and mucolytic properties of both garlic and cayenne and ginger can be very useful when minimizing symptoms of sinusitis.
Mucus? Congestion? Headache? When the soft tissues lining the bone cavities of the head (sinuses) become inflamed and infected, we can say that we suffer sinusitis.
If, in addition, is a common situation that lasts longer than 12 weeks, you may already be chronic. Instead, if we suffer after a cold or allergy point, we would say that is acute.
In this article we three natural tips to end acute sinusitis and relieve or significantly improve chronic.
Causes of sinusitis
Knowing the cause of sinusitis can be of great help to treat it properly:
- Anatomical issues, for example, a deviated septum or turbinate enlarged.
- Bad habits like snuff, in active smokers but also passive.
- Infections caused by viruses, fungi or bacteria.
- Nasal polyp.
- Chronic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis or diabetes.
Natural remedies to eliminate sinusitis
1. Vahos mint and eucalyptus
The vapors are an ancient natural and home therapy which involves making inhalation of vapors of certain medicinal plants in order to decongestant the airways and accumulated soften and expel mucus.
To combat sinusitis have selected two plants for their medicinal properties, are very suitable to improve the functioning of the respiratory system: white mint and eucalyptus.
What do we need?
- A medium saucepan with lid
- 1 liter of water
- 5 tablespoons mint and white eucalyptus (50 g)
- A towel
How do we do?
- We will put to boil water with medicinal plants. When you get to a boil, we will quench the fire and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Then we will place above the pot, being careful not to get too close and burn, and we will towel over her head to enhance inhalations.
- Remain in this position for 10 minutes, breathing deeply through the nose.
- Then we’ll wash your face with cold water to soothe the redness of the skin.
- We can make these mists two or three times a week. As we will feel an improvement spacing the sprays, to leave a weekly or fortnightly maintenance.
You may also like to read another article on CarolineJoyBlog: 10 foods you should eat when you have a sore throat
2. Nasal irrigation with lota
The nasal lota Tibetan is a plastic utensil or ceramic, similar to a jug, which allows us to introduce a liquid through one of the nostrils and come out naturally and without pressure on the other.
Thus we get clear airways in a much milder way than with syringes that are also used for this purpose.
When we do this therapy we must always be open-mouthed, alternating the two sides. This advice is essential to perform it correctly.
We can buy liquids ready for this purpose, or develop our own serum with a portion of sea water with two parts average natural water, or a liter of water with three teaspoons of sea salt dissolved, to achieve a similar pH to our body.
Lota nasal find in herbalists and stores natural health products.
3. Garlic, cayenne and ginger every day
There are three medical foods with cleansing properties and mucolytic that is very beneficial in treating sinusitis naturally: garlic, cayenne and ginger.
To that garlic is therapeutic should consume it in its raw state. We can add to the shredded or crushed meals, sauces as for example, stews, vinaigrettes, rice, etc.
We can also make the Tibetan cure garlic or, if we repeated or digest it costs us, buy it in capsules.
This spice is very spicy and yet, very beneficial for circulation, metabolism, digestion, etc.
In the case of sinusitis, moments after eating and begin to notice how thin mucus and body asks us to expel. Start with very small amounts, as a hint, added to recipes stew type, soups, etc.
This exotic root has similar effects to the cayenne and can use it both as a spice (in all kinds of dishes, including meat and fish) as grated and added to sauces, juices, smoothies, biscuits or tea.
We can also consume powdered for comfort.