Watching the latest Bond film it becomes patently clear that Daniel Craig, despite all his refined cool is getting a little bit long in the tooth. Sure, we’ve had some good times like emerging from the Sea in St Tropez in a real something for the ladies moment or the successful landing in the back of a bus followed by a quick cuff adjustment. However he is 51 and whilst that’s not that old it is pushing it for a field agent. Not that age stopped Roger Moore, he kept at it until he was 56! Daniel has said himself that it is it time to hang up the old Walther PPK and do something else but who will replace him and will it even be a “him”? Here are some suggestions.
One thing is certain Bonds promiscuous ways have been curtailed. He would certainly need an
STI test London company if he carried on like he did in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. Let’s begin with the Bookies favourite.
- Idris Elba – Could have been Doctor Who (and would have been amazing) but apparently kept that on ice in the hopes of landing this one. He is the macho wise cracker who has a lot of experience with his roles in the Wire and Luther. The role is crying out for a bit of diversity and Idris certainly fits the bill. But at 47 has the time gone by?
- Richard Madden – He’s Scottish and debonair and after the Bodyguard he has a mean streak. He is only 33 and with a slew of top performances behind him, including a great Robb Stark in Game of Thrones. He can act too which, after Daniel Craig is now a requirement.
- Kit Harington – Another Game of Thrones illumini who lasted a bit longer than Robb Kit is the pretty boy option but he still has a solid body of work behind him to stake his claim. He’s even played one of his ancestors in Gunpowder Plot.
- Tom Hardy – Versatile seems to be the best word for Tom. He can do bad guys; he can do heroes and even throw a little bit of camp in. He is 42 so not too old and the series would certainly be in a safe pair of hands if he got it. He is if anything, too safe.
- Anne Hathaway – Glamorous but with a hard edge she is a youthful 37. Physically able and has played a spy in Get Smart. Can she do the British Accent?
- Alicia Vikander – only 31 and the baby of this list she was a big hit as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider which itself has certain Jane Bond elements. Has the accent and the looks, could be a nice change.
- Lupita Nyong’o – The real wildcard of the list who was seen in Black Panther as Wakanda special ops agent Nakia. It would be a brave choice if she was to get it but with the departure of Daniel Craig surely it’s time for something new.
- Lashana Lynch – credited as being a 00 agent in No time to Die. Are we being prepared for her further adventures?