More and more allergic people, and why it is so important to observe some basic tips, especially these days so close to spring. In this article, we will focus in particular on respiratory allergies, and their most annoying about daily life as conjunctivitis, rhinitis, asthma or consequences. This post is a summary of the brochure produced by the SEMFYC, I invite you to consult in its entirety for more and better information.
The two basic tips
Allergic individuals should follow two recommendations, which in reality are common sense, but it does not hurt to remember:
- Use the treatment recommended by the doctor.
- Avoid exposure to substances that know they are sensitive and they are irritating.
Follow the instructions of your doctor
In this blog, I stress many times about the importance of heeding the doctor. I’m not saying that a physician is an infallible person, but it is the expert on the subject, and the patient draw their own diagnoses (with or without the help of the internet) and not follow the doctor’s instructions is certainly a mistake, you can pay dearly.
In the case of allergies, not taking prescribed medication can have serious consequences, such as some ailments chronicles back and medication stops working. Therefore, it is very important to follow the recommendations and when in doubt, go back to consult with your doctor.
You may also like to read another article on CarolineJoyBlog: 10 small changes to improve your health
Avoid exposure to problematic substances
It is perhaps the hardest thing to do for an allergic person, especially in some things which are abundant substances in the environment. However, you can make an effort to reduce exposure. Here are some examples:
- Avoid exposure to irritants (smoke, dust, strong smells, cold and dry air, sprays, gasses and vapors) as well as sudden changes in temperature.
- Field trips or avoids areas with abundant vegetation in the spring.
- To clean the house with a vacuum cleaner, remove dust with a damp cloth and ensure that these activities are not performed in the presence of patient allergic to dust mites.
- Keep windows closed during seasons of high mushroom production.
- Avoid humidity in rooms and, where possible, in the bathrooms.
- Avoid activities that increase exposure to pollens and fungi.
- Remove from the domestic environment the animals to which it is sensitive.
These recommendations and advice have been made on the assumption that the patient already knows what is sensitive substances. But it is not always the case, and some allergies or illnesses come with time. That is important to go to consult with the doctor, which in turn will direct the patient to a specialist in allergy, to make a series of tests to determine what substances to avoid. It is very important to do these tests, because once identified allergies, life can adapt eliminating sources of allergic reactions, which dramatically increases the quality of life.