There are many benefits to working from home, but if you are just about to become one of the millions of people across the UK who choose to work from home, it is worth thinking about a few things to get the most from it.
- Managing your time is probably the most important thing to think about. Without a boss present and the office environment, it is easier to put things off and lose focus on tasks. Maybe make yourself a reward system, for example if you complete a task then you can get up, make a coffee and perhaps take a short break. Treat the day as you would treat an office working day and be strict with start and finish times – as it is also important to be able to turn off and not spend all of your time working. Try to create a good balance that works well for you and your daily routine.
- Try to create a room or a space that is for work only – that way it is easier to switch off and not associate work with home and vice versa. supply a large range of home office furniture, that can help you to create an office space away from the rest of your home so that you can separate your home and work as much as possible. Even with a home office you will still want a selection of Reception Chairs in case clients come to your house which can be sourced from sites like bestbuy-officechairs.co.uk/reception-chairs/.
- Enjoy your free time and make sure you still take time off – including holidays. You could even take an afternoon off a week just to walk around a local park, or visit an attraction which could be busy and crowded on weekends. It depends what you like doing, but enjoy the flexibility of being able to plan your free-time around you, and you will be more content in your work.
- Socialise – it can feel quite lonely for some people working from home, especially if you have been used to a busy office environment previously. Make plans to see friends and family, even if it just a cup of tea and a chat, and maybe join groups or classes that you have an interest in and meet more like-minded people.
- Eat well – it is too easy to just pick and graze at food whilst at home, but have structured meal times and try to include healthy foods to snack on such as carrot sticks or nuts. This helps with productivity also, as too much sugar will cause a sugar crash in the afternoon, which will make you sleepy and unproductive.