Vegetable milks do not contain lactose or gluten; we provide very few calories and lots of vitamins and minerals. Promote recovery and prevent muscle cramps.
Vegetable milks are becoming increasingly popular with consumers because, besides not contain lactose, are lower in calories and will bring several benefits to the body for its nutritional richness.
In recent years, many have started using as a substitute for milk because these often cause intolerances and digestive problems are quite annoying.
The catalog of these drinks is varied and aims to address the needs of each. While the market is already offering several presentations, some people prefer to prepare at home to be sure they are 100% natural.
Then we will share the recipes for the almonds and coconut. Both are very healthy options and can be used as an ingredient in many other preparations. Enjoy them!
Preparing homemade almond milk
The almond milk is a healthy drink with a slightly nutty flavor that can be enjoyed alone or as part of other dishes.
Because of its high content of essential nutrients and low calorie intake is a very suitable drink for everyone, recommended to the growth stage and adolescence.
It is natural, does not contain gluten or lactose, it is free of preservatives and contains vitamins, minerals and proteins.
It is ideal for people with high cholesterol and triglycerides, as their fiber helps regulate them.
It is an alternative for those with lactose intolerance, since it is easily digestible and does not contain too much fat.
Contains a significant amount of potassium promotes muscle recovery after undergoing intense training. In addition, you can recover the amounts of this mineral are lost after suffering bouts of diarrhea or vomiting.
Many patients with gastritis or intestinal problems prefer to ingest milk because it causes remarkable sense of relief.
Its contribution of soluble and insoluble fiber protects the wall of the intestines and supports the regulation of sugar levels in the blood.
You may also like to read another article on CarolineJoyBlog: Smoothies to purify the liver and lose weight
- 1 cup raw almonds (155 g)
- 3 cups water (750 ml)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- For starters, places to soak the cup almonds in a bowl with enough water.
- The next, or day passes about 5 hours, strain the almonds and place them in a blender with 3 cups of water. If you like, you you can add cinnamon or vanilla essence.
- Processes all until nuts are well crushed.
- Then place a fine mesh cloth or a strainer over a bowl and strain the drink.
- Book it in a glass jar with seal and keeps the dough remaining in the sieve to make other recipes .
Preparing coconut milk
The coconut milk is a traditional drink in Asian and Caribbean countries. It is obtained from the coconut meat and should not be confused with water that has the fruit when green.
Like the previous drink, this is a type of milk lactose or gluten, with less fat content compared to the cow, and many nutritional properties.
It is rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and proteins, and makes a significant contribution of easily digestible fats that, despite being saturated, have been classified as healthy.
For its creamy texture, it is one of the best alternatives to cream. It can be used in the preparation of desserts, rice, milk shakes and many other recipes.
For the significant contribution of iron is recommended to prevent and control anemia.
Being rich in magnesium, it works as a complement to accelerate the recovery of cramps and muscle aches.
It is a support for people who want to lose weight because it improves digestion and generates a greater sense of satiety.
With its contribution of vitamin C, ingesting it can be good for strengthening the immune system and prevent disease.
For its antioxidant and moisturizing properties is a good ally to care for the beauty of skin and hair.
You may also like to read another article on CarolineJoyBlog: Can you make desserts without sugar, gluten and milk?
- 4 ½ cups shredded coconut (350 g)
- 3 cups boiling water (750 ml)
- 3 cups room temperature water (750 ml)
- Enter the grated coconut in a blender and add the cups of boiling water.
- Let stand a couple of minutes processed at high speed.
- Stir in cold water and continues to process several minutes until a fine pulp.
- Place a cloth or fine mesh over a pot and filters the liquid.
- Save the resulting flour to make other recipes.
- If you let it stand for about 48 hours in the refrigerator, the fat is separated from the water and you can use it to make whipped cream.
Enjoy these natural drinks as part of your regular diet and can quickly notice all the benefits that you bring to your body.