Flexibility never happens much! For flexibility, many come to yoga; develop flexibility, train, and dream about it. Unfortunately, incorrect yoga exercises “clog” the muscles, make the body “wooden”, and although the muscles grow and the endurance of the body, perhaps, too – flexibility is all reduced and reduced. It is easy to correct this shortcoming, and increase flexibility. To do this, you will have to adhere to a special diet, take yourself some iron rules and work on the mistakes. A fully implemented plan of action. Go?!
How to adjust the diet?
- Less eat meat, at night, fried, spicy, raw (vegetable salads and sliced), legumes – all these foods complicate the digestion and assimilation of food in the autumn-winter period
- More eat easily digestible, thermally processed products, including “kash”: buckwheat, millet, kino, basmati rice and wild, black, brown rice, and also mix “khichari”: basmati rice + orange lentils. As much as possible heat-treated vegetables: stewed, steamed, lightly fried (on wok especially well) organic vegetables. You can also bake vegetables in the oven (“on the grill” or “in the pot,” in a special cellophane sleeve or in a scallop). Freshly squeezed juices are also useful, provided that you drink them not cold and not with ice, but at room temperature and for 30-60 minutes before and 3 hours after eating
- In general, try within the next 2 weeks there is less, on the verge of feeling hungry. Have satisfied the hunger – stop eating. The body will be cleansed, and the joints will say “thank you”.
You may also like to read: Do yoga after a run: 5 good reasons
How to adjust the practice of yoga?
- In the next 3 weeks avoid power postures, as well as fast dynamics – these are enemies of flexibility number one, because they “clog” the muscles, make the body hard
- APPLY daily slow dynamics for warm-up and “hitching” at the beginning and at the end of practice. For example, it can be a very smooth execution of “Surya-namaskara” under a deep “Full yoga breath”, no less than 1 cycle of breathing per pose.
- If the body asks for “tin”, call – use the radically clearing body of the blocks dynamic practices “Sukshma vyayama” or “Pavan-muktasany”.
- Before and after the yoga class, use Shavasana – “Dead body posture”, at least 10 minutes each. The tension will go out of the body! At the weekend, and when there is free time in the week – do ” Yoga Nidra.”
- Do not neglect the inverted poses of yoga, especially those that you are good at. This will remove the problem of “hammered” leg muscles, venous outflow from the legs, and also help stretch the shoulders. I especially recommend Asanu Viparita Karani Asana (“Inverted Mental Pose”) – it is simple, non-injurious; keep it for 5-10 minutes daily before breakfast, or after practicing yoga.
- What yoga postures do you get the worst from? Keep track of the lessons. Practice more those postures that are worse, and less – those that work better. The right way to the clamped body is to do the opposite, basically what happens: the yoga practice will be one-sided
- Take a couple of private lessons with a new teacher. You will surely learn new yoga techniques. Practice will become more diverse and holistic
- Do not neglect the advice of yoga therapists, an osteopath, a chiropractor whose services are now available
- If you feel that there is a block in the body, the clamp – (besides massage, manual therapy) – go to the sauna or bath, the clamp is likely to be removed.
Health recommendations may vary from person to person. Personal observations and findings are given. The best practices of yoga and diet for you personally can differ. In the presence of diseases before starting to practice yoga, you need a doctor’s consultation.