Know the foods rich in vitamin D
Know the foods rich in vitamin D help make a healthy diet that also synthesize vitamin sun are missing.
Essential for the proper functioning of cartilage and bone in childhood, it is achieved through food and by synthesis using sunlight.
Recommended daily amounts of vitamin D
If the contributions of almost all the micro-nutrients have to rise as they advance in age (to reach adult maturity), with vitamin D the opposite occurs. You cannot miss in infants or children and can be reduced as they grow older.
As a general rule you should keep in mind that:
- Infants and children up to 9 years need 10 mcg daily.
- From the age of 10 can be reduced to 5 mcg a day.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consume the same quantities as newborns and small: 10 mcg daily.
Foods rich in vitamin D
In the southern areas (with plenty of light for most of the year) it is quite difficult a deficit of this nutrient. Another thing is the locations where it is always sunny. In this case, supplements (cod liver from mostly) have to be part of the daily diet. Anyway, whatever your location, points the following foods.
You may also like to read another article on CarolineJoyBlog: 4 plant foods rich in protein
Here are the 10 foods rich in vitamin D:
- Eels and elvers are the best choice, as they have 110 mcg per 100 gram serving without scrape or skin. A ration meets the needs for one month. They are rich in vitamin D in the diet.
- Tuna is also a great choice with 25 mcg and other essential micro-nutrients for the smooth running of health. Vitamin D is not lost in canned and canned goods.
- Herring has 22 mcg, amount doubled for pieces of dried, salted or smoked. This humble fish, linked to the traditional diet of the poor, back to our pantries for its undeniable nutritional qualities.
- Although the egg whole “only” has 1.8 mcg per 100 grams of product, this amount rises to 6 mcg in the case of the yolk.
- Salmon and beautiful are another good choice with 20 mcg.
- The blue Mediterranean fish such as mackerel, horse mackerel, horse mackerel have about 16 mcg. Foods rich in vitamin D not to harm our economy.
- The sardines, also canned in any form, hovering around 7 mcg.
- Among the dairy only cured cheeses have significant amounts that never exceed 0.30 mcg.
- Similar amounts have the butter, 0.80 mcg, unless you are rich, very average end in these products.
- And finally, a tablespoon of cocoa provides 0.25 mcg, another excuse to enjoy this delicious product and not deny children.
We recall the importance of sunlight. If you live in an area with good radiation and not normally consume these foods rich in vitamin D you should not worry because your body the synthesise. Another thing is always overcast those sites.
Then you should use supplements or consider not missing in the diet foods rich in vitamin D, especially among children.