High blood pressure treated with garlic
Hypertension, or high blood pressure is an increasingly common cardiovascular problem and that garlic can be a good natural remedy.
Garlic (Allium sativum L.) is one of the foods and natural remedies most studied in the treatment of diseases cardiovascular as high blood pressure, cholesterol, heart disease, etc.
The origin of the garlic must be placed in Asia. In Ancient Egypt and Classical Greece, he enjoyed a lot of garlic medical acceptance for treating many diseases highlighting the care of the heart, high blood pressure, etc. Allicin apparently one of the most remarkable or potent garlic active ingredients.
Presentations and ways to take garlic
Tradition says that “cooked garlic, garlic lost” since the popular experience has shown that raw garlic is more effective than cooked garlic, especially in the treatment of high blood pressure.
- In the Mediterranean cuisine garlic it has always had a special place (with olive oil) The most common is that finely cortadito serve with olive oil and sometimes with a little parsley. Very typical Mediterranean dishes such as gazpacho, pesto sauce, aioli sauce (garlic sauce), bread with tomato, grilled vegetables, etc. always they contain garlic.
- There are people who one or two completely peeled garlic gobble up half of the meals (two to four cloves of garlic per day) Keep in mind that there are “stomachs” not tolerate crude.
- Macerating garlic in oil has been one of the most common taking garlic for good health and fight in particular against high blood pressure ways. In a liter of olive oil will, for at least three weeks, about 20 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half. We can take a couple of teaspoons of this oil on bread or food.
- In herbalists and pharmacies usually find garlic capsules, tablets, tincture or extract and shaped cappings or “pearls” gelatin with garlic oil. Its development is usually very careful so that one hand feels good, do not bother us the stomach and of course nobody our breath “not betray us.” The dose depends on the concentration of the product (see package) and the particular patient.
Garlic, great remedy for high blood pressure
Garlic can assume in most cases an exceptional natural remedy for high blood pressure and other cardiovascular diseases as “attacks” these problems from several angles:
- Garlic is hypotensive is low or high blood pressure (hypertension)
- It is hypercholesterolemic i.e. helps lower cholesterol levels and triglycerides. At the same time increases garlic, on many occasions, the good or HDL cholesterol.
- Assists in regulating high blood glucose or “sugar” in the blood.
- It improves the elasticity of the arteries and heart, while keeps them clean as the fat is more fluid circulating blood through its purifying effect.
Thus in cases of high blood pressure we can help, with garlic, to improve the entire cardiovascular “circuit”.
You may also like to read another article on CarolineJoyBlog: Is it true that an apple a day keep the doctor away?
Contraindications of garlic
Whether we take several raw or in pill form, daily garlic must be aware that they should not consume those who have blood-clotting problems, bleeding tendencies and people with stomach problems, without consulting your doctor.
Did you know…?
One trick to prevent us repeat garlic involves removing the green part is inside. Chew a coffee bean helps a lot to our breath does not smell like garlic.
At first, some people smell or perspire slightly garlicky but is an effect or momentary discomfort as only indicates normally we are downloading toxins from our body.